Friday, August 3, 2012

From the (Almost) Gluten-Free Kitchen

My three current television vices? Hell's Kitchen (I am still puzzled over this one myself), Master Chef and Chopped. Chris and I watch more culinary television than any other channel. Here are some of our latest inspired creations from the shows above. All gluten-free!

Broccoli Soup

Minus the walnuts with a sprinkle(?!?) of cheddar. Super yummy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvc8Au4YO60


Zucchini Fritters

Chris gobbled his up before his hotdog.



http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2011/08/25/zucchini-fritters/

Good Ol' Chocolate Chip Cookie



http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/our-best-basic-chocolate-chip-cookies/

The pictures above are from my own products! Where the zucchini fritters and cookies called for flour I used Namaste's Gluten-Free Perfect Flour Blend. The cookies took 13 minutes rather than 8-10 minutes, but that was the only difference.

Bible Reflections:

John 6:30-32 (NIV)

30 So they asked him, “What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? 31 Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’[a]
32 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kara,
    I'm so glad that you're able to start introducing some gluten free, yummy options into your kiddo's meals. I'm sure that it feels so good now that you now know how to fuel them best to fit their needs.

    ReplyDelete