Here are ten reasons I love the Christmas Season:
10. Shopping. Not only the gift buying, but spending money...it's bad I know, but it makes me feel good to spend. I also love wrapping...
9. Making Christmas cards. Pull out the stamps, ink and ribbon. If I had a BeDazzler, I'd pull that out too.
8. Bazaars. Sweets. Crafts. Penny Sales. Fun.
7. Light tours. Grab a cup of Hot Chocolate and go for an evening drive. I know where the most extravagant display is in my hometown and I drive by every year (at least twice).
6. 2 weeks off. Being that I took two 2 hour naps in one day this weekend, I would say my body, mind and spirit are in need of some rest.
5. Christmas music and movies. For music, more so the traditional Jesus versions than "the Frosties". My current favourite is Joy to the World. For movies, anything Muppet.
4. Silent Night in a candle lit church, provided my husband is not feeling like a pyromaniac and attempting tricks with his candle. That makes me nervous.
3. Time with family. Whether it be laughing after dessert or opening stockings Christmas morning. Traditions. Family. FOOD. Love.
2. The inner child. Since having a child of my own, I realize that children at Christmas allow us to relive our own memories.They keep the joy young and real.
1. There is something simply perfect about heaven's plan of salvation being welcomed to earth as a baby.
New King James Version (NKJV)
14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.[a]