It has been one of those days. The type of day where you look at the clock and think, "It's only 1:00 pm?" Today I blog for sanity.
It has been one of those days. When all the little things have surmounted you. Rejection for a job. Broken down cars. Sick pets. Laundry.
It has been one of those days. When you have been waiting for the rain to go away to enjoy warm weather and the sun comes out strong enough to burn you if you dare. The heat is so heavy you can't breathe.
It has been one of those days. Where Ry cries even if I look away from her. So here I am. Past noon. Still in PJs with a baby strapped to my chest. In need of a shower.
It has been one of those days. Where I need to count my blessings. Be reminded that my days here are numbered and short compared to the eternity in heaven.
1) Chris, Rylyn and I all have clean bills of health.
2) When Rylyn cries it is because she needs me.
3) The roof over our head isn't leaking yet.
4) We have two vehicles that are drivable, most of the time.
5) I am in walking distance from everything I need.
6) All of Rylyn's grandparents, aunts and uncles are alive and healthy.
7) We just celebrated the marriage of two people we love dearly and have another wedding to celebrate this weekend.
8) One month until we vacation in Sauble Beach with family. Which is a vacation that is already paid for and will not incur debt.
9) When I stop typing to bounce Rylyn, she smiles a toothy grin and giggles.
10) Jesus loves me and nothing I do or that is done to me will ever change that.
There. 10 things. I will count them again. Life is good. Even if it is one of those days.
Matthew 6:19-21 (English Standard Version)
Lay Up Treasures in Heaven19"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal,20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
-I read somewhere to imagine whatever you own as already broken. Then, when its time has expired, you won't be as disappointed when it is gone. This laptop will one day need to be replaced. If I prepare myself for that, when it dies I won't be as frustrated. More importantly, one day I will not need this laptop. I must realize what treasures can be stored in heaven if I long for them to arrive either ahead of me or thereafter. I have many blessings here on Earth. Aside from the people I love and my virtue, even they don't really matter.